Domestic Violence

If you are suffering from domestic violence you could try to gain protection from your abuser by applying for a civil injunction or protection order. An injunction is a Court Order that requires someone to do or not to do something. There are two main types of injunctions available:

  • A non-molestation order
  • An occupation order

A non-molestation order is aimed at preventing your partner or ex-partner from using or threatening violence against you or your children, or intimidating, harassing or pestering you in order to ensure the health, safety and well-being of yourself and your children. Under new legislation, a breach of a non-molestation order is now a criminal offence.
An occupation order regulates who can live in the family home and can also restrict your abuser from entering the surrounding area.

Everyone has the right to live without fear for their safety, and if you are a victim of domestic violence it is important that you seek professional advice as soon as possible. Working with a lawyer you can trust no matter what happens is crucial to achieving peace of mind and fast results.  We understand the importance of dealing with domestic violence as quickly as possible so we will do all we can to ensure a speedy resolution. Our family law experts have helped many victims of domestic abuse over the years so you can be sure we understand the issues you will be facing and can offer tried and tested advice.